Loorducation

Sunday, September 16, 2018

When I Knew

I was studying Teaching the Exceptional Child and I just knew. I mean I did not know anything but I knew. The similarities and scenarios. The symptoms and mannerisms. I knew. I just knew, But, I also knew nothing.

NOTHING and EVERYTHING all at once, the perfect PARADOX


Today there is:

Juancho



Do you really need to hold 6 different stuffed animals at once and cry if one of the fall to the ground?

Why are you running back and forth on your tippy toes?

Are the sounds really hurting your ears?


No coincidences, just blessings in disguise. Just at that time. At that exact time. Time stood still for what seemed to be about three years and at the same time, Time: it just flew on by and all of these thoughts circulated for what felt like three seconds.


It is all making sense but I still don't get it.

What do you mean my son has autism? Wait, OK that is why I am here. I am here to tell you my son has autism.  What IS Autism? What is our next step?

Whatever it takes.

WHATEVER it Takes.

WHEREVER it takes u.






I will make sure you fit in, all while standing out.

You will stand out. You were born to stand out.

After that day, I hugged him a little tighter and loved him more than ever.



My greatest professor
has not 1 degree



No comments:

Post a Comment